Weapons are equipped in a hotbar slot and are used to deal damage in combat and/or against resources. Each weapon type has unique properties that affect how it can be utilized.
There are currently 9 weapon types in the game. Each type has up to 3 weapon abilities (one basic primary + two advanced) available depending on the level of the weapon.
Melee weapons are primarily used to attack targets directly next to the player.
- Swords - An all-round weapon that deals slash damage and has a greater effect on vegetation and thickets
- Axes - Dual-wield axes that deal chop damage and has a greater effect on wood
- Maces - A heavy weapon that deals blunt damage that has a greater effect on minerals & rocks
- Spears - A spear with a long-ranged attack and deals thrust damage that has a greater effect on creatures
- Reapers - A two-handed weapon that deals physical damage. Has a greater effect on undead.
- Slashers - Dual-wield blades that deal slash damage and has a greater effect on vegetation and thickets
- Greatswords - A large, heavy blade that deals chop damage and has a greater effect on wood
Ranged weapons are used to attack from a distance, they do not require ammunition. However before firing they do take short amount of time to load.
- Crossbows - A ranged weapon that fires bolts
- Pistols - Black-powder weapons effective at medium range
There are currently 8 sets of weapons, divided into 4 tiers based on the primary material needed (Bone, Copper Ingots, Iron Ingots, Dark Silver Ingots). Except for Bone sets, each material has a basic set that requires no research, and an upgraded set that requires research from their respective Research station.
Bone Sets (Tier 1)
Copper Sets (Tier 2)
An upgraded version of Copper, you must first find and unlock the recipes through the Research Desk and create them by upgrading Copper Weapons. They have a Gear Score of 12 and provide +11.5 Physical Power. They can be crafted in a Simple Workbench.
Iron Sets (Tier 3)
Iron requires the player to defeat Quincey.
An upgraded version of Iron, you must first find and unlock their recipes through the Study and create them by upgrading Iron Weapons. They have a Gear Score of 18 and provide +18.5 Physical Power. They can be smelted in a Smithy.
A second upgrade to Merciless Iron added in the Secrets of Gloomrot Update. These are a rare drop from V Blood bosses in Shattered form. Shattered weapons can be brought to the Ancestral Forge and made usable. Costing a Merciless weapon of the same kind, Radium and Greater Blood Essence.
They have a Gear score of 19 and have 2 bonus passives, selected at random from a valid list for that weapon type. In addition the first ability of the weapon (default keybind Q) will be infused with one of the schools of magic, inflicting the debuff of that school with the ability.
Dark Silver Sets (Tier 4)
Dark Silver requires the player to defeat Cyril.
Currently the strongest weapons in the game. Players must first find and unlock their recipes through the Athenaeum and create them through upgrading Dark Silver weapons. They have a Gear Score of 24 and provide +27.9 Physical Power. They can be forged on an Anvil.
|Bone||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Crossbow|
|Reinforced Bone||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear|
|Copper||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Crossbow|
|Merciless Copper||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Crossbow|
|Iron||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Reaper ● Slashers ● Crossbow|
|Merciless Iron||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Reaper ● Slashers ● Crossbow|
|Dark Silver||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Reaper ● Slashers ● Crossbow|
|Sanguine||Sword ● Axes ● Mace ● Spear ● Reaper ● Slashers ● Crossbow|
|Unique||Lumberjack's Axes ● Miner's Mace ● The General's Soul Reaper|